What Is Holistic Nutrition?
Holistic nutrition focuses on a natural approach to a healthy diet and considers the individual as a whole - think not only the digestive and elimination systems but also the cardiovascular system, lymphatic system, immune system, neurological system, endocrine system, etc. These considerations also include all aspects of your lifestyle - emotional, spiritual and physical. Most simply stated, holistic nutrition is healing with whole foods to create a state of optimal health and well-being. A holistic approach to proper nutrition encourages education on basic nutrition (and we are not talking the government food guide or the food pyramid) to develop a personalized holistic supplement and nutrition plan that will help you with most health conditions.
Why See a Holistic Nutritionist?
It can be quite a daunting task to make sense of all the contradictory information showcased by the various forms of media today. And then there is all that information and research that doesn't make its way to the media, consequently, the media often does a poor job at bringing an unbiased representation of the facts to the table leaving the consumer with an incomplete picture. Before a Holistic Nutritionist receives a diploma, we spend 2 years studying not only anatomy and physiology but also clinical and non-clinical research to help us establish a solid foundation upon which we draw to understand current, past and future study claims allowing us to paint a complete picture for you. Also, because we are all different, what is good for one person may not be suitable for their neighbour for a variety of reasons, which we, as Holistic Nutritionists will be able to determine through a very thorough examination of our clients health history and eating and lifestyle habits.
What Can a Holistic Nutritionist Help You With?
- Understanding and adapting to food intolerences
- identify root causes / contributing factors in the following conditions and learn food and nutrient strategies that will assist and / or remedy the condition :
- sleep problems
- low energy
- skin issues
- hormonal issues
- indigestion and heartburn
- inflammatory conditions
- auto-immune disorders
- type 2 diabetes
- and many more
- Repairing and optimizing your digestion and elimination systems
- Learn what foods and nutrients your medications may be robbing your body of and the best strategies to mitigate your medications side-effects
- Feeling down? Learn what foods and nutrients are proven to lift your spirits
- Cancer prevention strategies
- Detoxification programs
- and much more